Posted to users@sling.apache.org by Nicolai Willems <ni...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/09 11:54:03 UTC

[SUGGESTION] Page "Getting and building sling"

Hi there

In the "Building Sling"-section it would be nice with a note saying that
this might take a long time, depending on machine and internet connection.
I tried locating where to put such a change but found nothing - can anyone
point me to where?

Regards Nicolai

PS: So far it took 23 minutes to come to a test failure :(
PPS: When will there be a new release out?

Re: [SUGGESTION] Page "Getting and building sling"

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 11:54 AM, Nicolai Willems <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...In the "Building Sling"-section it would be nice with a note saying that
> this might take a long time, depending on machine and internet connection.
> I tried locating where to put such a change but found nothing - can anyone
> point me to where?...

Good idea, I have added this to
http://sling.apache.org/site/getting-and-building-sling.html , will be
online in a few hours.

"A full build of Sling takes 5-10 minutes on a recent computer once
your local Maven repository is up to date. The first build may take
much longer than that if you start with an empty local Maven
repository, as Maven will then download its plugins and all the
required dependencies."

The website is still built from the Confluence wiki so you cannot
submit patches - that'll change once we move to the new Apache CMS.

> ...PS: So far it took 23 minutes to come to a test failure :(

Hang in there ;-)

> PPS: When will there be a new release out?

Soon - we're still working towards the Sling 6 release. not sure
what's missing exactly.

-Bertrand