Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Tom Hobbs <tv...@googlemail.com> on 2010/11/24 11:46:37 UTC

What Next? (Was: Gradutaion)

What next?

1. Graduation (+2 Sim and Tom)
2. Namespace change
3. Modular build and JDK policy

Re: What Next? (Was: Gradutaion)

Posted by Sim IJskes - QCG <si...@qcg.nl>.
On 24-11-10 11:46, Tom Hobbs wrote:
> What next?
>
> 1. Graduation (+2 Sim and Tom) 2. Namespace change 3. Modular build
> and JDK policy

What about 2 parallel processes. Release & Graduate.

> Creating an Apache Release
>
> Release Early, Release Often
>
> Eric Steven Raymond
>
> Projects need to cut releases. Apache projects need to understand how
> to cut Apache releases. Therefore it is an important step during your
> stay in the incubator to demonstrate the ability to create an Apache
> Release.

For the release we need to document supported platforms, and i would
like to have an unambiquious standpoint from river-dev on this.
Something a river-user can base a strategy on.

For the graduation we need to do our checklist.

Gr. Sim

Re: informal roadmap votes collection

Posted by Zsolt Kúti <ku...@prolan.hu>.
Fri, 26 Nov 2010 12:20:35 +0100 -n
Sim IJskes - QCG <si...@qcg.nl> írta:

> I hope when it comes to a formal vote, the developers on the list
> will also let their voices be heard. But preferably before we put it
> to official vote.

> # Roadmap
>
>   * Gruadation as top level project river.apache.org
>   * rename com.sun namespace to org.apache.river
>   * modular build & JDK policy

+1

And a big thank you all for your great and hard work!

Zsolt

Re: informal roadmap votes collection

Posted by Mike <mi...@gmail.com>.
On 26/11/2010 13:20, Sim IJskes - QCG wrote:
> I hope when it comes to a formal vote, the developers on the list will
> also let their voices be heard. But preferably before we put it to
> official vote.

+1 on the roadmap.

Very, very well done to all who have put in so much work to resuscitate
the project... looked in serious peril for a while...

--
mike morris :: mikro2nd (at) gmail (dot) com

http://mikro2nd.net/
http://mikro2nd.net/blog/planb/
http://mikro2nd.net/blog/mike/

This email is [X]bloggable [ ]ask-first [ ]private

Re: informal roadmap votes collection

Posted by MICHAEL MCGRADY <mm...@topiatechnology.com>.
+1
On Nov 27, 2010, at 1:04 PM, Jeff Ramsdale wrote:

> +1
>
> Great recovery, team!
>
> -j
>
> On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 3:20 AM, Sim IJskes - QCG <si...@qcg.nl> wrote:
>> I hope when it comes to a formal vote, the developers on the list will also
>> let their voices be heard. But preferably before we put it to official vote.
>>
>> I especially would like to hear from:
>> Gregg Wonderly
>> James Grahn
>> Jeff Ramsdale
>> Jim Waldo
>> Mark Brouwer
>> Michael McGrady
>> Michal Kleczek
>> Mike Morris
>> Patrick Wright
>> Zoltan Juhasz
>> Zsolt Kúti
>> Christopher Dolan
>> Dennis Reedy
>>
>> # Roadmap
>>
>>  * Gruadation as top level project river.apache.org
>>  * rename com.sun namespace to org.apache.river
>>  * modular build & JDK policy
>>
>> Mentors:
>> Niclas Hedhman: on same page with Jukka (= +1?)
>> Jukka Zitting: +1
>> Benson Margulies: +1
>>
>> Committers:
>> Sim IJskes: +1
>> Tom Hobbs: +1
>> Greg Trasuk: +1
>> Patricia Shanahan: +1
>> Peter Firmstone: +1
>> Jonathan Costers: +1
>> Jim Hurley: +1
>>
>> Developers:

Michael McGrady
Chief Architect
Topia Technology, Inc.
Cel 1.253.720.3365
Work 1.253.572.9712 extension 2037
mmcgrady@topiatechnology.com

Re: informal roadmap votes collection

Posted by Jeff Ramsdale <je...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Jonathan Costers <jo...@googlemail.com>.
+1 !!

Posted by Dennis Reedy <de...@gmail.com>.
The roadmap gets a +1 from me

Posted by James Grahn <jg...@simulexinc.com>.
+1

Posted by Jim Hurley <ji...@mac.com>.
+1

-Jim

Posted by Jonathan Costers <jo...@googlemail.com>.
+1

Posted by Peter Firmstone <ji...@zeus.net.au>.
Sim IJskes - QCG wrote:
> # Roadmap
>
>  * Gruadation as top level project river.apache.org
>  * rename com.sun namespace to org.apache.river
>  * modular build & JDK policy
>
> Mentors:
> Niclas Hedhman: ?
> Jukka Zitting: +1
> Benson Margulies: +1
>
> Committers:
> Sim IJskes: +1
> Tom Hobbs: +1
> Greg Trasuk: +1
> Patricia Shanahan: +1
Peter Firmstone +1

Posted by Gregg Wonderly <gr...@wonderly.org>.
I think it is okay to accept bug fixing as an implicit first priority to
everyone's work on River.  I really appreciate you digging through the
transaction manager in particular.  I've spent some time looking for some random
transaction timeouts in heavily concurrent use (12-16 participants, 2-3 per 6-VM
machines with 4+ cores (i7-925) on 2 each physical machines).  There are still
bugs to find.

Gregg Wonderly

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.

Posted by Gregg Wonderly <gr...@wonderly.org>.

Re: What Next? (Was: Gradutaion)

Posted by Jonathan Costers <jo...@googlemail.com>.
+1

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

+1 sounds good.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: informal roadmap votes collection

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.
Sim IJskes - QCG wrote:

> # Roadmap
>
>  * Gruadation as top level project river.apache.org
>  * rename com.sun namespace to org.apache.river
>  * modular build & JDK policy
>
> Mentors:
> Niclas Hedhman: ?
> Jukka Zitting: ?
> Benson Margulies: +1
>
> Committers:
> Sim IJskes: +1
> Tom Hobbs: +1
> Greg Trasuk: +1

+1

Patricia

Re: informal roadmap votes collection

Posted by MICHAEL MCGRADY <mm...@topiatechnology.com>.
Good job

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
+1...

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er
I  work here; http://tinyurl.com/2ymelc
I relax here; http://tinyurl.com/2cgsug

informal roadmap votes collection

Posted by Michał Kłeczek <mi...@xpro.biz>.
On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 9:58 PM, Sim IJskes - QCG <si...@qcg.nl> wrote:

> I hope when it comes to a formal vote, the developers on the list will also
> let their voices be heard. But preferably before we put it to official vote.
>
> I especially would like to hear from:
> Gregg Wonderly
> Jim Waldo
> Mark Brouwer
> Michal Kleczek
> Patrick Wright
> Zoltan Juhasz
>

> # Roadmap
>
>  * Gruadation as top level project river.apache.org
>  * rename com.sun namespace to org.apache.river
>  * modular build & JDK policy
>
> Mentors:
> Niclas Hedhman: on same page with Jukka (= +1?)
> Jukka Zitting: +1
> Benson Margulies: +1
>
> Committers:
> Sim IJskes: +1