Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by MATHUS Baptiste <ma...@mipih.fr> on 2007/11/30 11:34:37 UTC

Why "Same state, not sending message"

Hi all,

I've taken a look on the website, but I can't find where this rule is explained or defined.

Here's the log I have on some projects that've been modified :
2007-11-30 11:12:40,944 [Thread-2] DEBUG Notifier:mail                  - Current build state: 2, previous build state: 2
2007-11-30 11:12:40,944 [Thread-2] INFO  Notifier:mail                  - Same state, not sending message.

I configured my pom this way :
	<ciManagement>
		<system>continuum</system>
		<url>http://mvnrepo.mipih.fr:8080/continuum</url>
		<notifiers>
			<notifier>
				<type>mail</type>
				<sendOnError>true</sendOnError>
				<sendOnFailure>true</sendOnFailure>
				<sendOnSuccess>true</sendOnSuccess>
				<sendOnWarning>true</sendOnWarning>
				<configuration>
					<address>sm-commits@mipih.fr</address>
				</configuration>
			</notifier>
		</notifiers>
	</ciManagement>

I don't want continuum to send mails only when build state has changed (btw, I suppose build state "2" is Success. Maybe the logs would be clearer saying "success" instead of "2", isn't it ?

In fact, we're currently just starting our continuous integration, so maybe this'll change in the future, but for now we want every builds to send a message, even if there were two successive successful builds for example (or two failures).

Can we configure this ? Is yes, where ? (we're currently using continuum 1.0.3).

Thanks a lot.

Cheers.
-- Baptiste

Re: Why "Same state, not sending message"

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

MATHUS Baptiste a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> OK, it works. Although I found the file in $CONTINUUM_HOME/apps/continuum/conf/application.xml instead.
> Maybe that was something that changed between continuum 1.03 and continuum 1.1.

Yes.

Posted by MATHUS Baptiste <ma...@mipih.fr>.
Hi,

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.