Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Kerschbaum Michael <m....@pke.at> on 2008/08/05 13:51:17 UTC

WG:

Hello,

I tried to download the Source distribution of 1.7, but the source code is not the same like in Binary distribution for JRE 1.4+.

e.g. in org.apache.batik.css.engine.CSSEngine the method parseStyleSheet(URL,String) exists in the jar Files of the Binary distribution for JRE 1.4+, but not in the Source distribution?!

I have a NPE problem, and tried to view the Batik Code....

elt is a Element...

elt.setAttributeNS(null, "pointer-events", "all");
java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.apache.batik.dom.events.EventSupport.fireEventListeners(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.batik.dom.events.EventSupport.fireEventListeners(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.batik.dom.events.EventSupport.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.batik.dom.AbstractNode.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.batik.dom.AbstractElement.fireDOMAttrModifiedEvent(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.batik.dom.AbstractAttr.setNodeValue(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.batik.dom.AbstractAttr.setValue(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.batik.dom.AbstractElement.setAttributeNS(Unknown Source)

at at.pke.ag.Layer.setVisible(Layer.java:339)

at at.pke.ag.LayerManager.setOverlayVisibility(LayerManager.java:649)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen Michael Kerschbaum

DI (FH) Michael Kerschbaum

PKE Electronics AG

Zentrale Wien / Entwicklung

Computerstraße 6

A - 1101 Wien

TEL: +43 (0) 50 150 - 1210

m.kerschbaum@pke.at

www.pke.at <http://www.pke.at/>

Aktiengesellschaft mit dem Sitz in Wien

Firmenbuchnummer 103264i

HG Wien, DVR 0159701

Johann Helf - Vorsitzender des Vorstandes

Bruno Faustka - Mitglied des Vorstandes

Christian Prelz - Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates

AW: AW: WG:

Posted by Kerschbaum Michael <m....@pke.at>.
Hello,

Our Problems is solved for now. We had an "old" version of batik, it was 1.7beta1 i guess... I downloaded the source and binary from the batik site and the NPE is never thrown...again...

Thanks ...

The problem is, that i get the project using batik 1 months ago... The guy who was working on it did't get anything right...

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.

Re: WG:

Posted by Helder Magalhães <he...@gmail.com>.
> And sometimes this problem occures...But everytime with the same Stacktrace...
> I would like to know why this NPE occures..

"Sometimes"? Seems a multiple thread issue. Please consider using the
recommended, thread-safe, approach [1] to manipulate the document (if
you aren't already doing it, of course).

> Where can i get the Original Source Code of Batik 1.7 ... I can't use svn.. Because our firewall blocks that ?!
Batik 1.7 source code can be downloaded in the project's download page [2].

Hope this helps,

 Helder Magalhães

[1] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/using/scripting/java.html#Threads
[2] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/download.cgi

AW: WG:

Posted by Kerschbaum Michael <m....@pke.at>.
Hello,

No it is very hard to get send you a test case. We use the Batik in a big application, and when i hide or show elements i use this code

for (int i = 0; i < layerMembers.size(); i++) {
	Element elt = (Element) layerMembers.get(i);
if (elt != null) {
	if (visible) {
		elt.removeAttributeNS(null, "visibility");
		elt.setAttributeNS(null, "pointer-events", "all");
	}else{
		elt.setAttributeNS(null, "visibility", "hidden");
		elt.setAttributeNS(null, "pointer-events", "none");
	}
}

And sometimes this problem occures...But everytime with the same Stacktrace...
I would like to know why this NPE occures.. I tried to include the Source Code instead of the jar file in my Eclipse Project, but then i had the problem that JAR and Source are not equal... I tried reverse engineering with JAD... No success ...

The only thing i really know is that the npe occures in the class org.apache.batik.dom.events.EventSupport in this method

protected void fireEventListeners(NodeEventTarget node,
                                      AbstractEvent e,
                                      EventListenerList.Entry[] listeners,
                                      HashSet stoppedGroups,
                                      HashSet toBeStoppedGroups)

Posted by Helder Magalhães <he...@gmail.com>.

AW: WG:

Posted by Kerschbaum Michael <m....@pke.at>.
Hello,

In this line the Method with

public StyleSheet parseStyleSheet(ParsedURL uri, String media) is available.... (in the Source Code) Downloaded from the Batik Site

with the the Jar File i can use this code...

URL url = new URL(uri2);
CSSEngine.parseStyleSheet(url, "all");

So the JAR File and the Source are not equal...

But My Real Problem is, that a NPE Exception happens when calling ... and i can't look why....

Element.setAttributeNS(null, "pointer-events", "all");

> I tried to download the Source distribution of 1.7, but the source
> code is not the same like in Binary distribution for JRE 1.4+.
>
> e.g. in org.apache.batik.css.engine.CSSEngine the method
> parseStyleSheet(URL,String) exists in the jar Files of the Binary
> distribution for JRE 1.4+, but not in the Source distribution?!

   It's there for me, line 1108.  What file did you download?
Perhaps you are having a build/classpath problem?

Posted by th...@kodak.com.