Posted to user@ratis.apache.org by 宋子阳 <sz...@163.com> on 2022/04/26 02:34:30 UTC

Timeline of Release 2.3.0

Hi,
We discovered that the last Ratis release (2.2.0) was 6 months back. Since then a number of fixes and exciting features are merged into Master. In our project (IoTDB) which uses Ratis 2.2.0, we encountered a bug related to snapshot, which is fixed in current Ratis master. We are wondering what’s the community’s plan on releasing 2.3.0. Is there a timeline?

Thanks,
William Song

Re: Timeline of Release 2.3.0

Posted by Tsz Wo Sze <sz...@gmail.com>.
> Please do not recommend users use snapshot versions. That violates Apache
policy. ..

Owen, thanks a lot for the reminder!  You are right that it is in the
Apache Release Policy [1].

William, please wait for the 2.3.0 release then.  If there is a need, we
may also release 2.2.1.  Please let us know.

Tsz-Wo
[1] https://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#publication

Re: Timeline of Release 2.3.0

Posted by Owen O'Malley <ow...@gmail.com>.
Please do not recommend users use snapshot versions. That violates Apache policy. Projects should make official releases on the versions people need.  Releasing 2.3 is good, but I’d also suggest making a 2.2.1.

Re: Timeline of Release 2.3.0

Posted by Tsz Wo Sze <sz...@gmail.com>.
Hi William,

Just have sent an email to dev@ for the release discussion; see
https://lists.apache.org/thread/fdkg3gg8rfmz9t695zpw9ct41vftcjbp

Tsz-Wo

Re: Timeline of Release 2.3.0

Posted by 宋子阳 <sz...@163.com>.
Thanks! We are looking forward to 2.3.0, wish everything alright!

Re: Timeline of Release 2.3.0

Posted by Tsz Wo Sze <sz...@gmail.com>.
Hi William,