Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen <tr...@biobase.dk> on 2002/11/08 16:44:33 UTC

How can I access the FormBean from a tag?

I am trying to get into Collections inside the FormBean but I stumbled
on this:

<ul>
<logic:iterate id="i" name="col">

where both password (String) and col (Collection) are fields in my FormBean.

The html:password knows very well how to get to my FormBean but
apparently logic:iterate doesn't.  From an "I don't know what this does"
skimmin of the taglib code for html:password, I gathered that this is
somehow stored in the pageContext, but I cannot figure out how.

Previously I just stuffed the FormBean in request.setAttribute(), where
this would work with a name="..." but I would like to be able to do this
without such a trick.   Any tricks?

All this is just warming up for some complex Collection managing in the
JSP-pages.  Would the sample application be sufficient for a full
introduction to this, or should I complement with some more?

Thanks

--
  Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen      Scandiatransplant
                               Skejby Sygehus, indgang 3