Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org> on 2011/11/27 00:10:42 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Thrift 0.8.0

All,
I propose that we accept http://people.apache.org/~jfarrell/thrift/0.8.0/thrift-0.8.0-rc0.tar.gz
as the official Thrift 0.8.0 release.

The release candidate is created from http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/thrift/branches/0.8.x

The GPG signature can be found at:
http://people.apache.org/~jfarrell/thrift/0.8.0/thrift-0.8.0-rc0.tar.gz.asc
It has an MD5 sum of 8703c67ef023d45d85c3228078f9b453

The CHANGES list for this release if available at:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/thrift/branches/0.8.x/CHANGES

The Java artifacts for libthrift, libthrift-as3 and libfb303 are staged at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachethrift-255/

The debian packages, windows compiler, and packaged clients are available at:
http://people.apache.org/~jfarrell/thrift/0.8.0/

Please download, verify sig/sum, and install/test the libraries of your choice.

This vote closes in 72 hours.

-Jake

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Thrift 0.8.0

Posted by Jens Geyer <je...@hotmail.com>.
+1

tested:
- compiler built with MinGW on Windows
- Delphi codegen + library works

Posted by Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com>.
I downloaded the tarball, built the compiler, and ran the java and ruby
tests. Everything looks good to me.

+1

AW: [VOTE] Release Apache Thrift 0.8.0

Posted by Roger Meier <ro...@bufferoverflow.ch>.
Thanks Jake!

I tested CPP, Java, JavaScript on Debian squeeze

+1

-roger

Posted by Jake Luciani <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
http://twitter.com/tjake

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Thrift 0.8.0

Posted by k f <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org>.
The gem can be built on ruby 1.9.2, it must have mongrel --pre installed in order for it to work. Since this is a specific issue to ruby 1.9.2 and not  any other version it does not make sense for force a specific pre version in the gemspec.

-Jake

Posted by Ilya Maykov <iv...@gmail.com>.
+1