Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Abhinav Garg <ag...@sapient.com> on 2008/10/20 16:01:00 UTC

Is there a way to turn off a module for a profile?

Hi,

We've an existing spring based application, which has multiple modules in it. We build it through Maven, and have multiple profiles for different environments (local, test, stage and prod).

Now, we've a requirement to create a web module in the same application. The thing is that it's required to be active only in local, test and stage environments. It should not be working in prod environment.

So, the question is that is there a way to turn off a module for a particular profile in maven pom (preferably) or programatically?

Thanks.

Regards,
Abhinav

RE: Is there a way to turn off a module for a profile?

Posted by Abhinav Garg <ag...@sapient.com>.
got the answer..

<profile/> can contain <modules/>, so we would need to list the modules for each profile separately, and hence can leave the web module out of prod profile. Didn't look at the complete POM model before, sorry for the bother :-)

Regards,
Abhinav