Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Matthias Bläsing <mb...@doppel-helix.eu> on 2019/12/04 19:03:34 UTC

Pluginportal 3.0 - Credentials for Github/Google

Hello Jan, hello Jiří,

thank you for installing the additional authentication option into the
deployed plugin portal. One thing that we should ensure for the future
(or fix now) is the access to the Credentials for the OAauth providers.

One of the providers explicitly says, that the returned ID for an
authenticated user is tied to the client credentials of the server. So
if we'd need to switch credentials at some point, the users of that
service would loose access.

We should make sure, that the credentials are accessible for the PMC
(as the access data to the netbeans.osuosl.org site). For github an
organisation "Apache NetBeans PMC" could be formed, that PMC members
are made owner of. For google members for the project could be added
(members need a google account).

What do you think?

Matthias