Posted to user@struts.apache.org by William Connor <bi...@tangoone.com> on 2005/03/07 17:22:04 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] SWF 0.5 Beta Released

We are pleased to announce the first public Beta of the Simple Web
Framework (SWF), available from http://swf.dev.java.net/. The SWF
shares the same Jakarta foundation as Struts while adding an event
model, a number of novel features (In place Page Updating, ...), and
refined treatment of areas such as exception handling. The SWF was
designed specifically for teams familiar with Struts and looking for a
way to create richer Web applications without migrating to JSF. Even if
you are content with your current application framework, have a look at
SWF just for the In place Page Updating. This technique is generally
useful and portable (as in 'possible to port') to other frameworks as
well. Please note that this is simply an announcement and not a
promotion of one framework over another. Cheers!

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] SWF 0.5 Beta Released

Posted by Don Brown <do...@gmail.com>.
Very interesting.  Have you considered implementing SWF directly on
Struts through struts-chain?  The chain of responsibility
implementation of commons-chain allows you to replace or augment any
Struts functionality by giving you complete control over the request
handling process.

Don