Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by tv...@fuzzy.cz on 2005/03/04 09:27:37 UTC

svn+ssh on Windows

Hello,

   I've a strange problem running checkout on Windows machine using
   the svn+ssh:// protocol. The repository is placed on a Linux machine,
   and running checkout from a different Linux machine works just fine.

   But when I try to run the same command from a Windows 2k machine
   it asks a password, creates .svn subdirectory and then suddenly
   halts without a warning. It simply sits in the console and does
   nothing. The other commands (svn list, svn log, etc.) work just
   fine - it works and it's fast.

   I use OpenSSH 3.7.1, Subversion 1.1.3. The OpenSSH itself works,
   I can connect to that Linux machine and do whaerver I want.

   thanks for your advice
   T.V.

Re: svn+ssh on Windows

Posted by Andrew Thompson <su...@aktzero.com>.
tv@fuzzy.cz wrote:
> Hello,
>
>    I've a strange problem running checkout on Windows machine using
>    the svn+ssh:// protocol. The repository is placed on a Linux machine,
>    and running checkout from a different Linux machine works just fine.
>
>    But when I try to run the same command from a Windows 2k machine
>    it asks a password, creates .svn subdirectory and then suddenly
>    halts without a warning. It simply sits in the console and does
>    nothing. The other commands (svn list, svn log, etc.) work just
>    fine - it works and it's fast.
>
>    I use OpenSSH 3.7.1, Subversion 1.1.3. The OpenSSH itself works,
>    I can connect to that Linux machine and do whaerver I want.
>
>    thanks for your advice
>    T.V.

I use plink & pageant. Try this and see if you get the same thing:

http://aktzero.com/bytes/subversion-ssh-windows

--
Andrew Thompson
http://aktzero.com/