Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io> on 2017/04/21 16:56:54 UTC

[VOTE] 0.10.2.1 RC3

Hello Kafka users, developers, friends, romans, countrypersons,

This is the fourth (!) candidate for release of Apache Kafka 0.10.2.1.

It is a bug fix release, so we have lots of bug fixes, some super
important.

Release notes for the 0.10.2.1 release:
http://home.apache.org/~gwenshap/kafka-0.10.2.1-rc3/RELEASE_NOTES.html

*** Please download, test and vote by Wednesday, April 26, 2017 ***

Kafka's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
http://kafka.apache.org/KEYS

* Release artifacts to be voted upon (source and binary):
http://home.apache.org/~gwenshap/kafka-0.10.2.1-rc3/

* Maven artifacts to be voted upon:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/

* Javadoc:
http://home.apache.org/~gwenshap/kafka-0.10.2.1-rc3/javadoc/

* Tag to be voted upon (off 0.10.2 branch) is the 0.10.2.1 tag:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=kafka.git;a=tag;h=8e4f09caeaa877f06dc75c7da1af7a727e5e599f

* Documentation:
http://kafka.apache.org/0102/documentation.html

* Protocol:
http://kafka.apache.org/0102/protocol.html

/**************************************

Your help in validating this bugfix release is super valuable, so
please take the time to test and vote!

Suggested tests:
 * Grab the source archive and make sure it compiles
 * Grab one of the binary distros and run the quickstarts against them
 * Extract and verify one of the site docs jars
 * Build a sample against jars in the staging repo
 * Validate GPG signatures on at least one file
 * Validate the javadocs look ok
 * The 0.10.2 documentation was updated for this bugfix release
(especially upgrade, streams and connect portions) - please make sure
it looks ok: http://kafka.apache.org/documentation.html

But above all, try to avoid finding new bugs - we want to get this release
out the door already :P

Thanks,
Gwen

--
*Gwen Shapira*
Product Manager | Confluent

Re: [VOTE] 0.10.2.1 RC3

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.
Quick update:
I closed the release on JIRA and bumped the versions in github. Uploaded
artifacts and released the jars in Maven.
Waiting for everything to actually show up before I update the website and
send the announcement. Expect something tonight or tomorrow morning.

Gwen

Re: [VOTE] 0.10.2.1 RC3

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.
Quick update:

Re: [VOTE] 0.10.2.1 RC3

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.
Vote summary:

Re: [VOTE] 0.10.2.1 RC3

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.
Vote summary:

Re: [VOTE] 0.10.2.1 RC3

Posted by Shimi Kiviti <sh...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] 0.10.2.1 RC3

Posted by Shimi Kiviti <sh...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] 0.10.2.1 RC3

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.
+1 (binding)

Re: [VOTE] 0.10.2.1 RC3

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.
+1 (binding)

Re: [VOTE] 0.10.2.1 RC3

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
-- Guozhang

Re: [VOTE] 0.10.2.1 RC3

Posted by Ian Duffy <ia...@ianduffy.ie>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] 0.10.2.1 RC3

Posted by Ian Duffy <ia...@ianduffy.ie>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] 0.10.2.1 RC3

Posted by Michal Borowiecki <mi...@openbet.com>.
It's listed below:

--
Signature
<http://www.openbet.com/> 	Michal Borowiecki
Senior Software Engineer L4
	T: 	+44 208 742 1600

	+44 203 249 8448

	E: 	michal.borowiecki@openbet.com
	W: 	www.openbet.com <http://www.openbet.com/>

postmaster@openbet.com <ma...@openbet.com> and delete it

Re: [VOTE] 0.10.2.1 RC3

Posted by Michal Borowiecki <mi...@openbet.com>.
It's listed below:

--
Signature

Re: [VOTE] 0.10.2.1 RC3

Posted by Shimi Kiviti <sh...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] 0.10.2.1 RC3

Posted by Shimi Kiviti <sh...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] 0.10.2.1 RC3

Posted by Eno Thereska <en...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] 0.10.2.1 RC3

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@confluent.io>.
Hi, Gwen,

Thanks for doing the release. +1 from me.

Jun

Re: [VOTE] 0.10.2.1 RC3

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@confluent.io>.
Hi, Gwen,