Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Berger, Michael " <mb...@Fairview.org> on 2008/04/08 15:07:26 UTC

another noob..

I've been studying struts and trying to get up to speed on it. My
question is downloading the struts package itself.
I downloaded both the struts-1.3.8-all.zip and the
struts-2.0.11.1-all.zip from the struts.apache.org website.
When I extract these .zip files, I expected to see the relevant .tld
files in the lib sub-directory. All the .jar files I expected are there,
but I can't find any of the .tld files.
What am I mis-understanding / doing wrong ?

Thanks,
Mike

Re: another noob..

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2008/4/8, Berger, Michael <mb...@fairview.org>:
> Hi Antonio,
>   Thanks for the response. I'm less confused now... I have been
>  google'ing how to use Struts, etc. Most of the answers I have found have
>  mentioned doing the following
>  Coping
>  Struts.jar, commons-beanutils.jar, commons-xxx.jar into the WEB-INF/lib
>  folder
>  Struts-html.tld, struts-bean.tld, struts-logic.tld, struts-nested.tld,
>  and struts-template.tld into the WEB-INF directory
>
>  Is that how things are still done. Am I supposed to unjar these jar
>  files to get to individual .tld files ?

I think you should start from the beginning. Do you want to use Struts 1 or 2?
For Struts 1 see: http://struts.apache.org/1.x/userGuide/index.html
For Struts 2 see: http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/home.html

Antonio

RE: another noob..

Posted by "Berger, Michael " <mb...@Fairview.org>.
Hi Antonio,
  Thanks for the response. I'm less confused now... I have been
google'ing how to use Struts, etc. Most of the answers I have found have
mentioned doing the following
Coping
Struts.jar, commons-beanutils.jar, commons-xxx.jar into the WEB-INF/lib
folder
Struts-html.tld, struts-bean.tld, struts-logic.tld, struts-nested.tld,
and struts-template.tld into the WEB-INF directory

Is that how things are still done. Am I supposed to unjar these jar
files to get to individual .tld files ?

Thanks for taking the time,
Mike

> All the .jar files I expected are there, but I can't find any of the
> .tld files.
> What am I mis-understanding / doing wrong ?

The TLD files are under:
META-INF/tld
directory of struts2-core.jar

Antonio