Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Bill MacAllister <bi...@ca-zephyr.org> on 2019/08/30 17:47:29 UTC

Apache Directory Studio and Kerberos

I am trying to use krb authentication to connect to an OpenLDAP server
using ADS.  I
keep getting the error "Missing schema locations in RootDSE, using
default schema".
Looking at the log on the server and comparing anon connections to krb
connections
I see that the anon sequence of operations starts with a BIND and the
krb does not.
Note, the Check Authentication for the krb connection returns "The
authentication
was successful".  This is on a debian buster system using ADS Version:
2.0.0.v20180908-M14.

I should note that I can view the schema using ldapsearch with a valid
kerberos ticket cache.

Any ideas on things I can try?

Bill

--
Bill MacAllister <bi...@ca-zephyr.org>

Re: Apache Directory Studio and Kerberos

Posted by Bill MacAllister <bi...@ca-zephyr.org>.
On 2019-08-30 10:57, Bill MacAllister wrote:

> I should have mentioned that I had the SASL parameters set to
> "Authentication
> with integrity and privacy protection".  When I change this setting to
> "Authentication Only" I am able to see data in the directory.

And I was able to return data with auth-only because of a
mis-configuration
in the directory.  Once I specified auth-with-integrity-privace I was
not
able to retrieve the schema or see any data.

Bill

Posted by Bill MacAllister <bi...@ca-zephyr.org>.