Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Nick Sharples <ni...@eejits.net> on 2001/07/01 15:30:42 UTC

RE: new taglibrary

> I suggest to develop the taglibrary based on JASS with users' group.

My apologies if I've picked you up wrong, but having briefly reviewed the
JAAS spec, it seems to me that that to implement all the suggested
functionality as a taglib might not be that wise. A users/groups security
framework would be better developed externally to a taglib project to allow
it to be used in any number of environments.

A taglib for authenticating against JAAS would be a great idea however.

Regards,
Nick

Re: new taglibrary

Posted by YMikulski <YM...@infonet.by>.
I agree with Nick, but I think, the other library features must be.
I like to ask one question: What should I do next?
As I understood nobody has been against my taglibrary. Can I start
developing it?
I'm going to suggest some other new taglibraries. I like to do it at the
same time.

Yauheni Mikulski.

Re: new taglibrary

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@voyager.apg.more.net>.
Nick Sharples wrote:

> > I suggest to develop the taglibrary based on JASS with users' group.
>
> My apologies if I've picked you up wrong, but having briefly reviewed the
> JAAS spec, it seems to me that that to implement all the suggested
> functionality as a taglib might not be that wise. A users/groups security
> framework would be better developed externally to a taglib project to allow
> it to be used in any number of environments.
>
> A taglib for authenticating against JAAS would be a great idea however.

Yes, that is what I meant.  There was a session at JavaOne on just that.
A tag library which used JAAS.  I have encouraged the session presenter
to contribute the taglib to jakarta-taglibs.

Regards,

Glenn