Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Sridhar Chellappa <fl...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/12 04:58:19 UTC

Should customized Complex Events be Serializable?

Folks,

I am using the CEP library to create ComplexEvents. My question is, should
the ComplexEvents be serializable?

Re: Should customized Complex Events be Serializable?

Posted by Dawid Wysakowicz <wy...@gmail.com>.
What do you mean by ComplexEvents? Do you mean that the output of CEP library is DataStream<ComplexEvent>? If so, then yes, they should be either Serializable or you should provide custom TypeSerializer<ComplexEvent>.