Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Causse <dc...@cognitis.fr> on 2005/04/07 18:46:30 UTC

Unlimited session timeout

Hi,

I need in some exceptionnal condition to disable the session timeout for
one request.
Is there some convenient way to do so?

My idea is to do this but I'm unsure :
In the exceptionnal servlet (at the beginning):
    session.setAttribute("OLD_TIMEOUT", new
Integer(session.getMaxInactiveInterval()));
    session.setMaxInactiveInterval(-1);

In my filter:
    Integer oldTimeout = (Integer) session.getAttribute("OLD_TIMEOUT");
    if(oldTimeout != null) {
        session.setMaxInactiveInterval(oldTimeout.intValue());
    }

What do you think about this method is it safe/working?
Maybe there is a way to do it with session listeners (by cancelling the
call to invalidate, I don't know if it is possible).

Thank you.

David.