Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Mck <mi...@semb.wever.org> on 2008/09/25 09:31:08 UTC

"All contrib code should be compatible with either Java 5 or 1.4."

Taken from
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/HowToContribute#head-59ae13df098fbdcc46abdf980aa8ee76d3ee2e3b

Does this mean that patches to trunk/contrib
 don't have to be compatible with Java 1.4 ?

~mck

--
"The trouble with being in the rat race is that even if you win, you're
still a rat." Lily Tomlin

Re: "All contrib code should be compatible with either Java 5 or 1.4."

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
Right, they can be 1.5, and several are.  I would say one caveat is
that existing 1.4 contribs shouldn't be changed to 1.5