Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk> on 2009/11/01 17:41:30 UTC

Removed Principals make ACLs deny everything.

Looking at 1.5.7 (may also be the case in later versions)

IIUC, removing a User from the UserManager causes a
NoSuchPrincipalException in the ACLTempate.init(...) line 113, which
generates a deny on that node, regardless of the user accessing the
node.

IMHO, there should be a try catch on the processing of each ACE to
guard against this.

Removing all ACE's at the same time as removing a Principal is
probably not practical as the PrincipalManager might (if replaced)
lookup principals externally.

?

Can provide a patch, if this is the right approach.
Ian

Re: Removed Principals make ACLs deny everything.

Posted by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk>.
Sorry, see its fixed in trunk, ignore me.
Ian