Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Doron Fediuck <do...@redhat.com> on 2010/07/13 09:35:26 UTC

SSH Key fingerprint.

Hi !
I'm using sshd as a client, and currently it's doing well. I want to verify the key's fingerprint
that I get from the ssh server. Checking the source I found the following in ClientSessionImpl.java-

    private void checkHost() throws Exception {
        // TODO: check host fingerprint
    }

Is there a way from me the get the host fingerprint from the session or any other object ?

Thanks !
/d

Re: SSH Key fingerprint.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Unfortunately, I've had a look at the code and did not find a way to
do that yet.
The key is retrieved in org.apache.sshd.client.kex.AbstractDHGClient
class, line 101, but there's no way to access it.
Could you raise a JIRA for that ? We need to provide at least a
protected method to check that and even better a pluggable interface
to check the host key.
If you fancy writing a patch for that, you'd be most welcomed.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet