Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Zachary A Lendon <za...@JonesDay.com> on 2002/05/15 17:00:56 UTC

getting xml files from servers other than one cocoon runs on, and then processing...

I have server x.com, which has Cocoon 2.x installed and running on it.
When a user comes to the following url:

x.com/cocoon/file.xml

file.xml actually resides somewhere else, lets say
y.com/xml-files/file.xml.  What's the best way for me to make sure I get
the right xml file and have cocoon process through it?  I don't know what
the file name will be, but I do know where the files will be.  I also have
another twist.  What happens when y.com goes down and I have to fail over
to z.com.  It may have the same directory structure, but what's the best
method to assure that I'm still getting the proper xml files when going to
the x.com address?

Thank you for any guidance you might be able to offer!
- Zach

The preceding e-mail message (including any attachments) contains
information that may be confidential, be protected by the attorney-client
or other applicable privileges, or constitute non-public information.  It
is intended to be conveyed only to the designated recipient(s).  If you are
not an intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender by
replying to this message and then delete it from your system.  Use,
dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this message by unintended
recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.