Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Tophebboy <cb...@free.fr> on 2007/11/22 17:17:14 UTC

Refactoring a WSDL with CXF and Eclipse...

Hi!
I have to create Web Services with CXF and Eclipse.
When I follow the tutorial "Java fisrt", everything is OK.
But, when I have to refactor my SEI, I lose everything: the wsdl is not
updated...Anyway, I tried to Create a new Java First project to create a new
SEI, a new WSDL, and I updated the WSDL of my former project with the new
one, hoping that I could regenerate the code this way. But no! The operation
"generate code" does nothing!!!
Please help me! I really don't know how to do to be able to refactor my web
services when I have to because re-doing everything from the beginning is
very VERY long!
Thanks in advance!!!

Re: Refactoring a WSDL with CXF and Eclipse...

Posted by Jonathan Huang <jo...@iona.com>.
You are right. The generator will use the "existing"
ResponseWrapper/RequestWrapper to generate wsdl. And if you delete the
WrapperBean, generator will generate the new WrapperBeans firstly.  When you
delete the wrappers, you'd better use "clean" tool to re-generate the wsdl.

Additionally, the coming release of STP will have a new java first tool
integrated with CXF 2.1 and this problem will be resolved.

Just find a way to work around.
If modifying existing method, I need to manually delete
ResponseWrapper/RequestWrapper first before it could re-generate wsdl. I was
assuming it would override those wrappers. But obviously it is not.

	@WebMethod(operationName="sayHi", exclude=false)
	@ResponseWrapper(className="demo.spring.SayHiResponse",
localName="sayHiResponse", targetNamespace="http://spring.demo/")
	@RequestWrapper(className="demo.spring.SayHi", localName="sayHi",
targetNamespace="http://spring.demo/")
	public java.lang.String sayHi(
	        java.lang.String text,
	        java.lang.Boolean isName,
	        java.lang.Integer name 	 );

I try 1)adding a new method and 2)removing a method. It does regenerate wsdl
file.
But when I change the signature for existing method such as adding/remove
one parameter,
it's NOT update wsdl file.

     You should re-build your project after you have changed the service.
Then the wsdl will be regenerated.
     Or, you can set auto-build option from menu [Project-> Build
Automatically]. And then the project will be built automatically after you
have changed the service.

     Furthur more, I have double-checked that the wsdl would be changed if
the service changed, such as adding a new method, changing the name of a
method, removing a method and so on.

Posted by yulinxp <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Huang <jo...@iona.com>.
Hi,