Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by "Herta, Christian" <Ch...@htw-berlin.de> on 2012/02/11 15:02:44 UTC

How to contribute new work-in progress

At moment I write new code for mahout (MLP - seeMAHOUT-976
[https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT-976] ). I wonder how to contribute
"work-in-progess". Should I prepare a patch for new code and refresh the patch
continuously?

Christian

Re: How to contribute new work-in progress

Posted by Isabel Drost <is...@apache.org>.
On 11.02.2012 Ted Dunning wrote:
> What paritosh says is correct.  Each time you make significant progress,
> update against trunk and post a new version of the patch with the same
> name.

One tiny nit-pick: It helps to name the patches after the JIRA issue ID when
reviewing patches.

Isabel

Re: How to contribute new work-in progress

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
What paritosh says is correct.  Each time you make significant progress,
update against trunk and post a new version of the patch with the same name.

It is also common for somebody to publish their work in progress on github.
 I often even rebase my changes to keep them on top of trunk changes when
using github.

Posted by Paritosh Ranjan <pr...@xebia.com>.