Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by "Beregond, Anders Stenström" <do...@beregond.se> on 2023/07/04 17:47:04 UTC

Starting spellcheck

Hello all,

    Normally I do not want Open Office to check my
spelling, and I am sure I have turned off spellcheck
in all ways I could find. For once, however, I now do
want to check the spelling in a large document. But it
seems I cannot turn it on. The button changes to looking
'on' when I press it, but misspellings do not get marked.
What may I need to do?

       Best greetings,

           Anders S.

Re: Starting spellcheck

Posted by "Dr. Martin Senftleben" <li...@drmartinus.de>.
Hi,
maybe you need to install the appropriate language spellcheck files.

Am 05.07.23 um 00:26 schrieb Beregond, Anders Stenström:
> I wrote:
>
>> For once, however, I now do
>> want to check the spelling in a large document. But it
>> seems I cannot turn it on. The button changes to looking
>> 'on' when I press it, but misspellings do not get marked.
>
>     I tried resetting the user profile, to no avail.
>
>     I discovered that I am not able to set the document
> language, no language alternative has a checkmark, and
> does not get it when I click.
>
>        Best greetings,
>
>           Anders S.

Herzliche Grüße!