Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Joe Baldwin <jf...@earthlink.net> on 2012/02/16 20:03:31 UTC

Component Design?

I have been thinking of a component/plugin concept to my persistence structure.  I am wondering if Cayenne will support this and if so, what is it called so I can study it.

I essentially have a main project but would like to have a component (that is essentially two tables & Cayenne Classes) that I can either add to the the main project or use on its own.

Is this possible?

Re: Component Design?

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.
Hi Joe,

I haven't tried this yet, but I think Cayenne 3.1 will make this
easier by allowing your component to include it's own Cayenne Model
(XML files) and your main project having it's own set of XML files.
You'll have to coordinate JDNI names or similar, of course.

mrg