Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Megan Wilhite <mw...@ocm.utah.edu> on 2012/05/25 00:10:37 UTC

two nics

We have a linux machine that is connected to two different networks. The
linux machine has apache traffic server on it with a reverse proxy
setup. We want to create a mapping so we can go from one network to a
sharepoint server on the other network. Right now our mapping is as
follows:

Map http://ip address of apache traffic server:8080  http://ip address
of sharepoint server in other network

Is this the correct mapping for our setup?

Also is there a way to specify the NIC to use in the mapping?

Or is there a better way to do this?

Thanks,

Megan

Re: two nics

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
On 5/24/12 4:10 PM, Megan Wilhite wrote:

> We have a linux machine that is connected to two different networks. The
> linux machine has apache traffic server on it with a reverse proxy setup.
> We want to create a mapping so we can go from one network to a sharepoint
> server on the other network. Right now our mapping is as follows:
>
> Map http://ip address of apache traffic server:8080 http://ip address of
> sharepoint server in other network
>
> Is this the correct mapping for our setup?
>
> Also is there a way to specify the NIC to use in the mapping?

Typically, your NICs would have different networks / routes, so this would
just be "automagic". If that fails, look in records.config (with ATS v3.1.3
later), for the ports directive ip-out=. E.g.

     CONFIG proxy.config.http.server_ports STRING
80:ip-in=192.168.201.123:ip-out=10.10.10.10

(or some such, I didn't test it).

-- Leif