Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Donald Thomas <jo...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2017/07/05 04:48:44 UTC

Windows 10 won't install Open Office

I downloaded directly from your website, but Windows says it failed verification.  Do you know any way around this?
Don Thomas

Re: Windows 10 won't install Open Office

Posted by Andrea Vt <an...@gmx.ch>.
I had that often - it was (and is) a problem of my firewall.

Just download it a couple od times - I presonally used a tool to check
the MD5, SHxx or whatever (I can't remember) Checksums to be shure ...

Posted by Andrea Vt <an...@gmx.ch>.

Posted by Peter kovacs <pe...@apache.org>.
Hi all,

Posted by Peter kovacs <pe...@apache.org>.
Hi all,

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com>.
At 12:02 05/07/2017 -0700, Dave Fisher wrote:
>We put the binaries on the SourceForge mirrors, but the hashes
>should be served from a common location.

Is that https://www.openoffice.org/download/other.html ? But it's not
easy to find ...

Brian Barker

Re: Windows 10 won't install Open Office

Posted by Peter kovacs <pe...@apache.org>.
I think it is not our job to do download.

The way would be to get Openoffice into the MS shops.

For other ways I opt for Chocolatey, which does exactly what people request.

The classic way would be manual download. With self control.

Signing our Software is more important.

All the best
Peter

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 05.07.2017 um 21:30 schrieb Brian Barker:
> At 12:02 05/07/2017 -0700, Dave Fisher wrote:
>> We put the binaries on the SourceForge mirrors, but the hashes should
>> be served from a common location.
>
> Is that https://www.openoffice.org/download/other.html ?

it's about to let the installer self-check (like described here [1]) its
own integrity. Currently the binaries are hosted by SourceForge and the
checksum files on Apache-own server.

So, the "other.html" file is not the one ...

> But it's not easy to find ...

... as it is old and no longer maintained. Therefore simply forget this
webpage. ;-)

[1] https://www.openoffice.org/download/checksums.html

Marcus

Re: Windows 10 won't install Open Office

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Hi -

I think that there is a wishlist item for our various installers. Self checking that the package is fully downloaded. As others have pointed out checking an MD5 or other hash is beyond most people’s skills while a simple script could more easily accomplish the task.

We put the binaries on the SourceForge mirrors, but the hashes should be served from a common location. Thoughts?

Posted by FR web forum <oo...@free.fr>.