Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by cafe <rm...@estudiantes.uci.cu> on 2007/02/19 20:26:50 UTC

Re: [VOTE RESULT] I can’t receive more than 2 messages simultaneously with DefaultMessageListenerContainer

I have replied this in the spring forum too...

Thx Strachan, following your tread I have localized where is the problem buy
not why it happen

The problem is not in the listener of which will be running multiple
instances for consuming in a concurrent way the incoming message. I have
proved that commenting the code inside the onMessage method and putting
Thread.sleep(60000); with this test the message were consumed concurrently.

Now the problem is when I attempt to send a Stream to a queue inside the
onMessage method. When more than 2 onMessage methods begin sending Streams
concurrently to the same Queue the transferring stop and stay in pause.

What could be this?

Surprisingly when there are 2 Thread sending Streams to the same queue all
work well.

Does ActiveMQ support dispatch Streams concurrently?

Re: [VOTE RESULT] I can’t receive more than 2 messages simultaneously with DefaultMessageListenerContainer

Posted by Brian McCallister <br...@apache.org>.
Vote result?

-Brian

Posted by cafe <rm...@estudiantes.uci.cu>.
Hi James: I’m more close to the problem.

Now I can send multiple streams concurrently but under 2 Mb, when I try to
send streams of size 2 Mb or bigger the transferring is paused without any
complaint.

When i create the output stream the DeliveryMode is not persistent and I
have configured the memory of the broker too to a high value and nothing

What could be this?

Re: [VOTE RESULT] I can’t receive more than 2 messages simultaneously with DefaultMessageListenerContainer

Posted by cafe <rm...@estudiantes.uci.cu>.

James.Strachan wrote:

> Are you using separate sessions & producers for each thread?
>
> James
> -------
> http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

yes.

This is the code inside the listener of which there are many instance
running concurrently

connection = (ActiveMQConnection) connectionFactory.createConnection();
session = connection.createSession(true, Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);

and this is the line where I obtain the OutputStream if serve of any help...

outputStreamMQ = connection.createOutputStream(destination, prop,
deliveryMode, priority,timeToLive);

I wonder why it work when there are 2 thread writing Stream concurrently and
why it not work when there are more than 2 thread?

could be this a bug?

Re: [VOTE RESULT] I can’t receive more than 2 messages simultaneously with DefaultMessageListenerContainer

Posted by cafe <rm...@estudiantes.uci.cu>.
James, I found the solution to my problem here
http://activemq.apache.org/what-is-the-prefetch-limit-for.html

sorry for the lost time here and thanks...

Re: [VOTE RESULT] I can’t receive more than 2 messages simultaneously with DefaultMessageListenerContainer

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 2/19/07, cafe <rm...@estudiantes.uci.cu> wrote:

> I have replied this in the spring forum too...
>
> Thx Strachan, following your tread I have localized where is the problem buy
> not why it happen
>
> The problem is not in the listener of which will be running multiple
> instances for consuming in a concurrent way the incoming message. I have
> proved that commenting the code inside the onMessage method and putting
> Thread.sleep(60000); with this test the message were consumed concurrently.
>

> Now the problem is when I attempt to send a Stream to a queue inside the
> onMessage method. When more than 2 onMessage methods begin sending Streams
> concurrently to the same Queue the transferring stop and stay in pause.
>
> What could be this?
>
> Surprisingly when there are 2 Thread sending Streams to the same queue all
> work well.
>
> Does ActiveMQ support dispatch Streams concurrently?

Yes.

Are you using separate sessions & producers for each thread?

--

James
-------