Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by dukejansen <du...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/08 04:31:57 UTC

Re: Session Timeout Because of ModalWindow. Help me, Thanks.

Did you ever resolve this? I am seeing the same behavior, using Wicket 1.3
beta 2.

Most of the modals are panel-backed, but some are page-backed.

When ours fails, it seems the entire session is lost, no just the pagemaps,
and user must authenticate again.

It fails on closing 5th modal window every time when using IE7. It seems to
be the 6th modal window in IE6. And it doesn't happen in Firefox.

I tried setting max pagemaps to 20, I tried setting pages not to version;
this had no effect.

Any help?

-Jason

Posted by dukejansen <du...@gmail.com>.
Yes, shorter modal prefixes will help here, but fundamentally the user can
enter any cookie name they want for their modal. Does that mean you spill
over into a second (third, fourth,...) cookie? Whatever the solution, I'd
recommend trying to make it a bit "smarter" so it can preserve any non-modal
cookies and avoid pushing out non-modal cookies - even if it means pushing
out a modal cookie. Better we lose the modal size than lose the session ID
(or any other cookie information the application may use...).

Our application has a preference framework that allows for pluggable
persistence of simple user preferences to either a cookie, the session, a
user profile in db, and eventually perhaps other sources (web services?).
which one you want to use might depend on the scope or longevity we desire
for the preference.

I'm now starting to rethink the wisdom of using cookies at all when the
consequences of overflow are so dire.

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
Be wary of the 4k size limit :)

Posted by Matej Knopp <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by dukejansen <du...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matej Knopp <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Liu Lin <ia...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, I can't resolve that yet.
I analyzed wicket ajax's javascript.
Maybe  the reason is wicket framework's ajax javascript.
Indeed, using Firfox browser,  no problem.

http://www.ipcat.cn