Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by giacomo <gi...@apache.org> on 2001/07/21 10:58:22 UTC

Re: Sitemap in Cocoon 2 (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 10:57:55 +0200 (CEST)
From: giacomo <gi...@apache.org>
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Sitemap in Cocoon 2

On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Hege Hansbakk wrote:

> I have a question concerning the sitemap used in Cocoon 2. On Cocoon's web
> pages there is an example saying the following:
>
>        <map:serializers default="html">
>         <map:serializer type="html" mime-type="text/html"
>           src="class:///org.apache.cocoon.serializer.HTMLSerializer">
>          <doctype-public value="-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"/>
>          <doctype-system value="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/loose.dtd"/>
>          <preserve-space value="true"/>
>          <encoding value="UTF-8"/>
>          <indent value="1"/>
>          <line-width value="120"/>
>         </map:serializer>
>
> I guess the <preserve-space value="true"/> tag is supposed to say if
> spaces should be kept (when set true) or not (when set false).
>
> I have tried this in my sitemap, but that tag does not change the output
> file in any way. Can somebody tell me why? (I do not want any spaces
> or line breaks in the output)

Looking into the HTMLSerializer I've found that the sample you mentioned
above does not reflect the current capabilities of the HTMLSerializer.
The following configuration options are not implemented:

   preserve-space
   line-width

I think we should put it into the ToDo list for it to have all
available options from the underlying Transformer.

I will post this on the dev list as well.

Giacomo

AW: Sitemap in Cocoon 2 (fwd)

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@sundn.de>.
> Giacomo Pati wrote:

The OutputKeys from javax.xml.transform does currently not support
the two properties.

Carsten