Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by "Olakara, Abdel" <Ab...@Honeywell.com> on 2008/10/29 13:32:57 UTC

Example error and Java doc for Latest release

Hi all,

 I am trying to start using Qpid. My server is running good :-)! I am
trying to compile an example. The example has the following code:

Connection con = new Connection();

con.connect("localhost", 5672, "test", "guest", "guest",false);

But, the IDE says Connection() constructor does not exist. And the code
assistant show only 2 argument parameterized constructor as:

Connection(Sender<ProtocolEvent> a,ConnectionDelegate a1)

I am not able to see a javadoc and the example do not run. Can anybody
help me out with this? Can you please give the URL of latest javadocs?

Thanks in advance,

Abdel Olakara

http://technopaper.blogspot.com

Re: Example error and Java doc for Latest release

Posted by Robert Greig <ro...@gmail.com>.
2008/10/31 Olakara, Abdel <Ab...@honeywell.com>:

> There is no particular reason for using the low level APIs. I was just
> trying out the example and getting a better understanding of Qpid.

Perhaps to avoid confusion we should move any examples that use the
low level API to an "advanced" folder?

RG

RE: Example error and Java doc for Latest release

Posted by "Olakara, Abdel" <Ab...@Honeywell.com>.
Hi Rajith,

There is no particular reason for using the low level APIs. I was just
trying out the example and getting a better understanding of Qpid.

Regards,
Abdel Olakara

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
Olakara,

For java we encourage people to use the JMS API as much as possible.
The underlying low level client could change btw versions.

Is there a specific reason why you don't want to use JMS?

Regards,

Rajith

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 10:03 AM, Olakara, Abdel <
Abdel.Olakara@honeywell.com> wrote:

> Hi Andrea,
>
>  Thanks for your reply. I have downloaded qpid-incubating-M3-java.tar.gz
> from the apache server. I got the example from this wiki site, what
> could be the issue?
>
> I think the old version of the class that you are talking about is the
> version of qpid right?
>
> Let me try refreshing the eclipse workspace!
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Abdel Olakara

Rajith Attapattu
Red Hat
http://rajith.2rlabs.com/

RE: Example error and Java doc for Latest release

Posted by Andrea Gazzarini <a....@gmail.com>.