Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by John <li...@johndubchak.com> on 2009/05/01 17:41:57 UTC

Integration with Geronimo?

Hi,

We have an environment with Apache Geronimo running and would really
like to get ServiceMix into this environment.  Does anyone have any
experience and/or recommendations for how to successfully use ServiceMix
with ActiveMQ on the same host as Geronimo?

Thanks,
John

Re: Integration with Geronimo?

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
Hi John,

ServiceMix 4 (or ServiceMix Kernel 1.1) which is an OSGI platform
integrating Apache Felix / Spring DM and PAX tools (like PAX URL, PAX Web,
...) is really a mature product and can be deployed in production.

This is not true what you say : ServiceMix 4 is fully compliant with JBI.
You can check the documentation .Here is the link :

http://cwiki.apache.org/SMX4KNL/does-servicemix-kernel-supports-jbi.html
http://cwiki.apache.org/SMX4NMR/index.html

And for a real example (which is not JBI/NMR based but use camel), have a
look on my tutorial :
http://www.dzone.com/links/how_to_design_a_soa_application_using_apache_came.html

Regards,

Charles Moulliard