Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> on 2018/06/05 15:19:14 UTC

[DISCUSS] Move traffic_server to cmd/traffic_server

Hi all,

I’ve prepared a patch that moves as much as was easily moved out of proxy/*.{cc,h} to cmd/traffic_server, the PR is

	https://github.com/apache/trafficserver/pull/3786 <https://github.com/apache/trafficserver/pull/3786>

There are both advantages and disadvantages of this:

Pros:
	* It does clean up proxy/ a fair amount (and I made some other PR to clean that up even more)
	* it has symmetry with our other cmd/traffic_* command line programs
	* I feel that this is a good start for cleaning up proxy/ further

Cons:
	* Things that we commonly look at / edit (like InkAPI.cc <http://inkapi.cc/>) now has a new location.
	* The current patch is not “complete”, there are still oddities here, and I had to leave more stuff in proxy/ than I would have liked.
	* It does looks slightly odd with libproxy.a now, but again, I think this is opening the door for more cleanup

Thoughts?

— leif

Re: [DISCUSS] Move traffic_server to cmd/traffic_server

Posted by "Steven R. Feltner" <sf...@godaddy.com>.
+1

On 6/5/18, 8:46 AM, "Otto van der Schaaf" <os...@gmail.com> wrote:

    +1