Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "Basmajian, Raffi" <rb...@ofiglobal.com> on 2015/11/02 05:35:51 UTC

Critical metrics to monitor over JMX?

Aside from the obvious metrics  such as cpu, heap, active connections, producer/consumer count, and persistent store usage, are there any subtle metrics to monitor over JMX for maintaining complete operational coverage of this product?

Is there a limit to the number of threads, connections, or sessions a broker creates? If so, where are these limits defined?

Raffi

This e-mail transmission may contain information that is proprietary, privileged and/or confidential and is intended exclusively for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. Any use, copying, retention or disclosure by any person other than the intended recipient or the intended recipient's designees is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or their designee, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies. OppenheimerFunds may, at its sole discretion, monitor, review, retain and/or disclose the content of all email communications.

Re: Critical metrics to monitor over JMX?

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
The thing I'm generally most concerned about is whether messages are
backing up on queues or in topic subscriptions, since that usually means a
performance problem somewhere in the system.  So that plus JB's suggestion
of monitoring how usage compares to the various broker/store limits would
be what I'd focus on.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.