Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by John Lilley <jo...@redpoint.net> on 2013/06/06 21:44:55 UTC

log4j defaults for AM & task

In debugging a custom AM and its tasks, I want to create log4j settings so that the log output goes to someplace "standard" where I can collect all of the logs at the end of the run and see what happened to each part.  Is there a convention for doing this?  Does each task get a well-defined and unique directory where I can leave log files at the end of the run?
Thanks,
john

RE: log4j defaults for AM & task

Posted by John Lilley <jo...@redpoint.net>.
Thanks I would have never guessed ;-)
I assume it will sub anywhere on the cmdline like:
mycommand -logdir=<LOG_DIR>
john

--
Arun C. Murthy