Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org> on 2017/09/11 17:03:22 UTC

Notifications Framework working in conjunction with Offline Mode in Chrome

Pranjal, Courage, and Adhyan,

Could we set up a call with Mohit to discuss the issues he's facing in
trying to get the notifications framework to work with the enhancements he
made to enable offline access in Chrome. He'd like to be able to have
notifications that are generated while offline get synced when going online.

I'll let him discuss specifics but details of his project can be found at
https://gist.github.com/mbj36/105c47ccc10890cc4c71582ad63cff23

Thanks,

Ed

Re: Notifications Framework working in conjunction with Offline Mode in Chrome

Posted by Ippez Robert <ip...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,
Is the community-app side notification really working because i tried but
am not receiving any notification. Or the community-app side is still not
done

Thanks
Regards

--
Ippez Roberts
Director & Founder - Skyline Technologies Uganda

Re: Notifications Framework working in conjunction with Offline Mode in Chrome

Posted by Pranjal Goswami <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ed, Mohit and Nazeer,

According to previous discussions - following points need to be catered to
before we move ahead with the PR review

   - A clear documentation of the changes the PR makes - New tables
   created, services added and additional infra required
   for the notification sub-system to work. In my knowledge most things are
   in place, apart from the notes on an additional activemq server that will
   be required for message queue management.

   - The current implementation requires the user to run a separate
   activemq server (which is correct by design), however, we should not force
   users to run yet another service for it to work. Hence we need to create a
   fallback which uses Spring Event Listener so that we remove dependency on
   Activemq (*some dev work will be required for this*)

   - Currently, the notification mechanism delivers to only one channel
   (webapp) we need to make code changes to deliver them through FCM and/or
   email. (This will be a part of mobile notification work)

We should move ahead with the PR review only after the first two points are
taken care of.

Thanks

*Pranjal Goswami*

Re: Notifications Framework working in conjunction with Offline Mode in Chrome

Posted by Mohit Bajoria <mo...@gmail.com>.
Ed,

Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.
Mohit,

Posted by Adhyan Srivastava <ad...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mohit Bajoria <mo...@gmail.com>.
Hello Adhyan,

Posted by Adhyan Srivastava <ad...@gmail.com>.
@Ed, only this (https://github.com/openMF/community-app/pull/2438/files)
much part of code is missing. Everything should work fine after it is
 merged.

Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.

Posted by Adhyan Srivastava <ad...@gmail.com>.
Hi Everyone,

Posted by Mohit Bajoria <mo...@gmail.com>.
Hello Courage,

Fwd: Notifications Framework working in conjunction with Offline Mode in Chrome

Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.