Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org> on 2016/12/19 16:42:11 UTC

Re: Pootle server admins (was Re: create a Pootle account for me)

On 24/11/16 19:07, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> There are several Pootle admins, since this is a shared instance for
> all Apache projects. Out of the current OpenOffice PMC members, I
> can recognize me and jsc. We can (should?) add more.

Do you have access to add more admins?

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

Re: Pootle server admins (was Re: create a Pootle account for me)

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
On 20/12/16 16:56, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> You are a "superuser" in Pootle now. Please check if you see an
> "ADMIN" link top right next to your username (logout/login might be
> needed).

Yes, I can see the ADMIN. Thanks.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

Re: Pootle server admins (was Re: create a Pootle account for me)

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> On 19/12/16 13:58, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>> Would you like me to try with your account?
> Yes, please do so.

You are a "superuser" in Pootle now. Please check if you see an "ADMIN"
link top right next to your username (logout/login might be needed).

> I already have https://translate.apache.org/accounts/arielch/, not sure
> how I got it, it was a long time ago; it's using my arielch@apache.org
> mail account, but the password is not the same I use on the ASF. Is
> Pootle using ASF's LDAP? It does not seem to do so.

Initially it was not using LDAP. Then we plugged LDAP in it but in a
non-exclusive way, so we now have a mix of local users and LDAP users.
If the above works, I can rename the "old" user to something like
"arielch.local" and change the e-mail address into something else, so
that you can recreate "arielch" by simply logging in with your ASF
credentials (and then I, or yourself with the "old" user, can give admin
privileges to the "new" arielch).

But for the moment it's enough to check that privileges are attributed
correctly. Privileges apply regardless of you being using local
credentials or your ASF credentials.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Pootle server admins (was Re: create a Pootle account for me)

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> On 24/11/16 19:07, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>> There are several Pootle admins, since this is a shared instance for
>> all Apache projects. Out of the current OpenOffice PMC members, I
>> can recognize me and jsc. We can (should?) add more.
> Do you have access to add more admins?

Yes, very likely (I can mark a web user as an admin, and I think it's
all that is needed).

Would you like me to try with your account? In that case, please login