Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org> on 2003/02/13 00:11:45 UTC

Incubator welcomes AltRMI :-)

Ok, AltRMI is now in incubation :-)

The CVS module is

       incubator-altrmi

With commit privs to all incubator PMCers and
  avail|hammant,vinayc,leif,jefft,proyal,blorisch|incubator-altrmi
CVS commit messages go to cvs@incubator.apache.org.

We have a mailing list called

      projects@incubator.apache.org

      to subscribe
        projects-subscribe@incubator.apache.org

Please prepend all messages on AltRMI with [AltRMI]
(when the traffic is high enough they can ask to spin off their own)

The eybrowse archive will be set up in the next days, along with the
incubator lists' ones.

For the project there is a site space given to be used under

      incubator.apache.org/projects/altrmi

As previously said:

> I will be the incubator PMC member that will overlook this project here,
> and will work with this project to define ASAP a nice landing place for
> the project, that will be under one of the Apache Projects.
> I will update our site to reflect these changes.

Tomorrow, now it's late here ;-)

> Finally, a note about a typical java issue: the package name will be
>
>   org.apache.altrmi

Also, to be clear, there is nothing that is mandated to how the project
is build and how the website is generated. In practice, it means that
the project does not have to use Forrest, which is used for the general
incubator pages.

The only thing requested is that the project has links to the incubator
and is clearly marked as being in incubation. Maybe adding the incubator
eggs somewhere? Come up with something fancy and we may use it for
future projects ;-)

> Thank you all for the help and the patience :-)

Good work! :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: Incubator welcomes AltRMI :-)

Posted by Paul Hammant <pa...@yahoo.com>.