Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.eu> on 2022/04/01 18:31:32 UTC

bug in 3.4.6

bug in spamassassin 3.4.6, BLOCKLIST_TO dont work, but BLACKLIST_TO do
work but says depricated

is this one solved in 3.4.7 ?

Re: bug in 3.4.6

Posted by Bill Cole <sa...@billmail.scconsult.com>.
On 2022-04-03 at 14:13:37 UTC-0400 (Sun, 03 Apr 2022 20:13:37 +0200)
Ralph Seichter <ra...@ml.seichter.de>
is rumored to have said:

> * Bill Cole:
>
>> That's a lousy bug report. It's both (1) untrue (or at least grossly
>> imprecise) and (2) not in Bugzilla.
>
> I have added Benny Pedersen to my mail killfile a long, long time ago,
> and never regretted it. He only pops up when people quote his confused
> messages, which I wish they would not do. :-)

I understand that approach, but as a PMC member for SA and an ASF
member, I don't feel comfortable programmatically ignoring anyone here
who is not an obviously intentional troll. There is no one currently
able to post to this list who seems to me to be in that class.

--
Bill Cole
Not Currently Available For Hire

Re: bug in 3.4.6

Posted by Bill Cole <sa...@billmail.scconsult.com>.
On 2022-04-03 at 15:07:28 UTC-0400 (Sun, 03 Apr 2022 21:07:28 +0200)
Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.eu>
is rumored to have said:

> On 2022-04-03 20:58, Bill Cole wrote:
[...]>>
>> The "blocklist_to" config directive is not yet implemented in any
>> branch of the code. I cannot promise that it will ever be
>> implemented,
>> although I expect that it will be.
>>
>> Patches welcome.
[...]
> so it still miss blocklist_to in spamassassin any version ?

See above.

> i have changed >= to > works in 3.4.6, but it says blacklist_to is
> depricated

No, it does not.

I think you mean that the USER_IN_BLACKLIST_TO *RULE* is documented
thus:

describe USER_IN_BLACKLIST_TO	DEPRECATED: See USER_IN_BLOCKLIST_TO

The 'blacklist_to' *CONFIG DIRECTIVE* has not changed in any way. Yet.

Re: bug in 3.4.6

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.eu>.
On 2022-04-03 20:58, Bill Cole wrote:
> On 2022-04-03 at 14:41:51 UTC-0400 (Sun, 03 Apr 2022 20:41:51 +0200)
> Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.eu>
> is rumored to have said:
>
>> On 2022-04-03 20:13, Ralph Seichter wrote:
>>> * Bill Cole:

>>> I have added Benny Pedersen to my mail killfile a long, long time
>>> ago,
>>> and never regretted it. He only pops up when people quote his
>>> confused
>>> messages, which I wish they would not do. :-)
>>
>> this is a loosy bugreport, how helpfull
>>

>> if (version >= 3.004006)
>>
>>     blocklist_to user@example.org
>
> The "blocklist_to" config directive is not yet implemented in any
> branch of the code. I cannot promise that it will ever be implemented,
> although I expect that it will be.
>
> Patches welcome.
>

>> else
>>
>>     blacklist_to user@example.org
>>
>> endif
>>

>> will this solve it ?
>
> Solve *WHAT* exactly?
>
> You have not stated a concrete reproducible *problem* yet.
>
>> is it needed to change default score aswell ?
>
> Needed for *WHAT*?

so it still miss blocklist_to in spamassassin any version ?

i have changed >= to > works in 3.4.6, but it says blacklist_to is
depricated

no more reply from me on this thread

Re: bug in 3.4.6

Posted by Bill Cole <sa...@billmail.scconsult.com>.
On 2022-04-03 at 14:41:51 UTC-0400 (Sun, 03 Apr 2022 20:41:51 +0200)
Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.eu>

Re: bug in 3.4.6

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.eu>.

Re: bug in 3.4.6

Posted by Ralph Seichter <ra...@ml.seichter.de>.
* Bill Cole:

> That's a lousy bug report. It's both (1) untrue (or at least grossly
> imprecise) and (2) not in Bugzilla.

I have added Benny Pedersen to my mail killfile a long, long time ago,
and never regretted it. He only pops up when people quote his confused
messages, which I wish they would not do. :-)

-Ralph

Re: bug in 3.4.6

Posted by Bill Cole <sa...@billmail.scconsult.com>.
On 2022-04-01 at 14:31:32 UTC-0400 (Fri, 01 Apr 2022 20:31:32 +0200)
Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.eu>
is rumored to have said:

> bug in spamassassin 3.4.6, BLOCKLIST_TO dont work, but BLACKLIST_TO do
> work but says depricated

That's a lousy bug report. It's both (1) untrue (or at least grossly
imprecise) and (2) not in Bugzilla.

BLOCKLIST_TO is not a thing.  Never has been. Probably never will be.
There will likely be a config directive 'blocklist_to' replacing the
current 'blacklist_to' in 4.0.

USER_IN_BLOCKLIST_TO is a rule which works JUST FINE.
USER_IN_BLACKLIST_TO also exists and still works but is deprecated.

So: what **PRECISELY** are you complaining about???

> is this one solved in 3.4.7 ?

Who has ever said there would BE a 3.4.7???

I would argue against any release that does not include all of what is
now the tip of the trunk in subversion, which expects to see release as
4.0.0. 3.4.4 should have been the terminal 3.x release, 3.4.5 was
labeled as such, and 3.4.6 only exists to address a severe problem found
right after 3.4.5 was released.

I believe that Henrik has backported some of the fixes that he's done
for 4.x into the 3.4 branch, but aside from that I don't think any
contributors have done anything to that branch since the 3.4.6 release.
If any of the other active contributors really thinks that it is a
useful expenditure of *their* time/energy for them to prepare and
publish a 3.4.7 release from what is now in the 3.4 branch I would not
veto it, but I would grumble disagreeably.