Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca> on 2006/11/16 22:04:55 UTC

Re: [Spamassassin Wiki] Update of "NightlyMassCheck" by JustinMason

Apache Wiki wrote:

> + Note: the best time to run a mass-check is as soon as possible after 0900
> + UTC.  (Watch out for daylight savings time!  The best way to do that is to run it at the corresponding times for 0900 and 1000 UTC in your timezone; it'll automatically ignore the one that's too early.)

This doesn't make sense. 0900 UTC is 0900 UTC no matter what timezone
you're in. :)

In any case, you only want to have it run once... it sleeps for an hour,
not exits, no?

Daryl

Re: [Spamassassin Wiki] Update of "NightlyMassCheck" by JustinMason

Posted by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca>.
Daryl C. W. O'Shea wrote:
> Apache Wiki wrote:
>
>> + Note: the best time to run a mass-check is as soon as possible after
>> 0900
>> + UTC.  (Watch out for daylight savings time!  The best way to do that
>> is to run it at the corresponding times for 0900 and 1000 UTC in your
>> timezone; it'll automatically ignore the one that's too early.)
>
> This doesn't make sense. 0900 UTC is 0900 UTC no matter what timezone
> you're in. :)

Actually, I just didn't parse that well... I guess that part makes sense.