Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Adarsh_GU <ad...@ibsplc.com> on 2016/05/19 10:07:01 UTC

Camel jms - Custom Message ID

Hi Guys,
Is there is any option to override *JMS message id * gernerated by
camel,while using camel jms component?

I have simple route pushes data to queue testQueue

/<route id="jms-sync-route">
	<camel:from uri="direct:jms" />
	<camel:to uri="jms:queue:testQueue" />
</route>/

and saw message id from active mq console as follows

/*Message ID*
ID:ICB1864-53042-1463651730680-1:1:1:1:4/

so how can i changes message id value as "testcustomjmsmsgid123"

Re: Camel jms - Custom Message ID

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 05/19/2016 09:24 AM, Quinn Stevenson wrote:
> The JMS Message ID is generated by the JMS server (not Camel) - at least that\u2019s what I remember from the JMS Specs.
> If there is a was to customize the JMS Message ID, I think you\u2019d have to look at your JMS provider and see what they offer.

That is correct, the Message ID along with many other fields are
specified as set by the producer on the call to send.   There are some
providers that do offer ways of customizing the message ID but there is
no standardized means of doing so.  ActiveMQ does not offer such a
configuration mechanism.

>> On May 19, 2016, at 4:07 AM, Adarsh_GU <ad...@ibsplc.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Guys,
>> Is there is any option to override *JMS message id * gernerated by
>> camel,while using camel jms component?
>>
>> I have simple route pushes data to queue testQueue
>>
>> /<route id="jms-sync-route">
>> 	<camel:from uri="direct:jms" />
>> 	<camel:to uri="jms:queue:testQueue" />
>> </route>/
>>
>> and saw message id from active mq console as follows
>>
>> /*Message ID*
>> ID:ICB1864-53042-1463651730680-1:1:1:1:4/
>>

>> so how can i changes message id value as "testcustomjmsmsgid123"
>>

>> --

Tim Bish
twitter: @tabish121
blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/

Re: Camel jms - Custom Message ID

Posted by Quinn Stevenson <qu...@pronoia-solutions.com>.
The JMS Message ID is generated by the JMS server (not Camel) - at least that’s what I remember from the JMS Specs.

If there is a was to customize the JMS Message ID, I think you’d have to look at your JMS provider and see what they offer.