Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by "Lang, Cliff" <cl...@proxicom.com> on 2001/10/19 17:48:46 UTC

Using the Flux* contained in Turbine-TDK-2.1 (and other setup issues)

I am new to the TDK, and after spend much time modifying the FluxLogin,
FluxAction files etc... (and never seeing my changes) I have come to
realize that by default these are not being called (best I can tell).  I
tried changing the TR.props

	action.login=LoginUser
	action.login=FluxLogin

And the

	action.logout=LogoutUser
	action.logout=FluxLogout

But all I got was an error upon login in as turbine.  How can I set this
up to use the Flux files?  What other props settings do I need to
change?

I have been trying to setup very verbose logging so I can see what the
system is doing.  I am getting more data, but I'd like more.  Here is
what I set so far..
###
services.LoggingService.facilities=system,debug,security,sql,scheduler
services.LoggingService.default=system
services.LoggingService.loggingConfig=org.apache.turbine.services.loggin
g.PropertiesLoggingConfig

# A facility for system logging.
services.LoggingService.system.destination.file=/logs/turbine-system.log
services.LoggingService.system.className=org.apache.turbine.services.log
ging.FileLogger
services.LoggingService.system.level=DEBUG

# A facility for the scheduler service
# To disable started/stopped messages set the level to ERROR
services.LoggingService.scheduler.destination.file=/logs/turbine-schedul
er.log
services.LoggingService.scheduler.className=org.apache.turbine.services.
logging.FileLogger
services.LoggingService.scheduler.level=DEBUG

# A facility for debugging applications. Messages will go both
# to the log file and the server console.
services.LoggingService.debug.destination.file=/logs/turbine-debug.log
services.LoggingService.debug.destination.console=true
services.LoggingService.debug.className=org.apache.turbine.services.logg
ing.FileLogger
services.LoggingService.debug.level=DEBUG

# A facility for SQL query logging
# To enable SQL query logging, set the system and sql log level to DEBUG
services.LoggingService.sql.destination.file=/logs/turbine-sql.log
services.LoggingService.sql.className=org.apache.turbine.services.loggin
g.FileLogger
services.LoggingService.sql.level=DEBUG
###

I get the queries in the sql.log, the velocity.log shows me the template
processing, and the turbine.log doesn't give me much at all, after
startup the services, it pretty much just spits out:

[Fri Oct 19 11:33:06 EDT 2001] -- DEBUG -- Refreshing UI manager
[Fri Oct 19 11:33:07 EDT 2001] -- DEBUG -- Refreshing UI manager
[Fri Oct 19 11:33:07 EDT 2001] -- DEBUG -- Refreshing UI manager
[Fri Oct 19 11:33:07 EDT 2001] -- DEBUG -- Refreshing UI manager

Constantly.

How do I get more info - like which class file is being executed?  What
do I need to add to my java file to spitout log statements?  I looked at
the Log4J documents and haven't had much luck.

Thanks,  Cliff

Re: Using the Flux* contained in Turbine-TDK-2.1 (and other setup issues)

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com>.
On 10/19/01 11:48 AM, "Lang, Cliff" <cl...@proxicom.com> wrote:

> I am new to the TDK, and after spend much time modifying the FluxLogin,
> FluxAction files etc... (and never seeing my changes) I have come to
> realize that by default these are not being called (best I can tell).  I
> tried changing the TR.props
>
> action.login=LoginUser
> action.login=FluxLogin
>
> And the
>
> action.logout=LogoutUser
> action.logout=FluxLogout
>
> But all I got was an error upon login in as turbine.  How can I set this
> up to use the Flux files?  What other props settings do I need to
> change?

I think I mentioned that the  Flux classes were used for my testing when
Flux was made. As well, the generated sample app doesn't use the FluxLogin
or FluxAction at all. Use the example of the sample app and flux works just
fine.

--

jvz.

Jason van Zyl