Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Omar Adobati <om...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/11 16:37:36 UTC

Understending the employee example of cocoon 2.1.8

Good Morning,
  after the "three step DB" e-mail I decided to open a new discussion
with the subject that you can read... this 'cause I think the previous
subject could confuse ideas.

My first question is: how the form/employee is "displayed" into the
browser? What are the files that transform the widgets into html(?)...
and why if I try to display the source code by the browser I can't see
html but just the code that follow??

==
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
xmlns:fi="http://apache.org/cocoon/forms/1.0#instance"
xmlns:jx="http://apache.org/cocoon/templates/jx/1.0">
==

here is the code I' asking about:
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/demos/21branch/samples/blocks/forms/sql/do_list_employees

again, as usual, thanks in advice!

--
Omar Adobati

Understending the employee example of cocoon 2.1.8

Posted by Omar Adobati <om...@gmail.com>.
Hi again cocooners,
  now I have another question... I've checked the code of the sample
in object but I can't find the way it use to "connect" with the
database... how it do that? Can I connect with a mySQL database?

Sorry again for my dummy questions... but as said I'm a newbie!

Omar

[...]

Dr. Omar Adobati
omar.adobati@gmail.com