Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by alin vasile <al...@yahoo.com> on 2010/04/03 13:32:55 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Apache/2.2.13 : Starting httpd: (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80 error

Are you sure that you have the permisson to listen on port 80?

________________________________
Posted by alin vasile <al...@yahoo.com>.
so you killed the existing process that listens to 80 and started again. now you can see that a process listens to 80?

also please check if the log directories configured in httpd.conf exist and the apache user has permission to write in them.

________________________________
Posted by Ravi Roy <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 8:35 PM, alin vasile <al...@yahoo.com>wrote:

>  yes, should be enough.
>
> have you tried killing the running process that listens to that port and
> start apache again?

Yes, tried, but same error.

Thanks!
-RR