Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Ken Weiner <kw...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/26 00:27:19 UTC

x:convertBoolean

JSF has <f:convertDateTime> and <f:convertNumber>, but nothing I've
seen to convert Booleans to custom values.  Has something like
<x:convertBoolean> already been written by anyone?  I have just
written one and would be willing to contribute it to MyFaces if there
is interest.

It is used like this:

<h:outputText value="#{backingBean.isABooleanValue}">
    <x:convertBoolean trueValue="Yes" falseValue="No"/>
</h:outputText>

-Ken

Re: x:convertBoolean

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
Yes this is true and yes SVN seems to be down (actually the entire
server on which SVN resides is down.)  I have informed the appropriate
people about that.

sean

Re: x:convertBoolean

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
Docs are required and unit tests are a definite plus.  If you thought
we were bad with documentation, the lack of unit tests is even worse!
We're slowly getting on top of that though.  As we add more committers
and get through JSF 1.1 certification we will turn our attention to
testing.  If you can add simple unit tests that don't require cactus,
etc. then please add those as well.

sean

Re: x:convertBoolean

Posted by Ken Weiner <kw...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Sean.  I just created

Re: x:convertBoolean

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.

On 8/25/05, Ken Weiner <kw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, great, I will get familiar with the sandbox, change my code to
> follow the packages for tomahawk, and submit patches to JIRA.  Looking
> forward to participating...
>
> On 8/25/05, Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Suggestion: Add an issue to JIRA (select "sandbox" as the component
> > type.)  This gives committers a chance to shout down any ideas they
> > find completely objectionable so you don't waste your time (this is
> > not one of those ideas btw.)
> >
> > Then provide a SVN patch and we'll add it to sandbox.  Be prepared to
> > provide documentation and a simple example (or add to an existing
> > simple example) when appropriate.  The docs and examples are now
> > required for new tomahawk goodies.
> >
> > sean
> >
> > On 8/25/05, Dennis_Byrne@ak.blm.gov <De...@ak.blm.gov> wrote:
> > >
> > > Looks convenient Ken.  Please post your code.  I would like to see it, even
> > > if this does not make it to the issue tracker.
> > >
> > > Dennis Byrne

Re: x:convertBoolean

Posted by De...@ak.blm.gov.

Re: x:convertBoolean

Posted by Ken Weiner <kw...@gmail.com>.

Re: x:convertBoolean

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
Suggestion: Add an issue to JIRA (select "sandbox" as the component
type.)  This gives committers a chance to shout down any ideas they
find completely objectionable so you don't waste your time (this is
not one of those ideas btw.)

Then provide a SVN patch and we'll add it to sandbox.  Be prepared to
provide documentation and a simple example (or add to an existing
simple example) when appropriate.  The docs and examples are now
required for new tomahawk goodies.

sean

On 8/25/05, Dennis_Byrne@ak.blm.gov <De...@ak.blm.gov> wrote:

> Looks convenient Ken.  Please post your code.  I would like to see it, even
> if this does not make it to the issue tracker.
>
> Dennis Byrne

Re: x:convertBoolean

Posted by De...@ak.blm.gov.