Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Santiago Gala <sa...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/12 15:27:56 UTC

Factoids about Shindig for tweets, home page, etc.

As you might know, the ASF PR team started to post small tweets with
factoids about ASF projects in http://www.twitter.com/TheASF Things
like:

> 5 out of the 10 and 15 of the top 50 most frequently installed open
> source packages are Apache. all top 5 java packages by installation
> frequency are Apache.

Do we have similar things about Shindig that could be pushed? Like
(fake, I just made them off my head): "4 out of the 5 main social
networks use shindig as gadget engine", or "we estimate shindig serves 1
billion gadgets renderings per week"... whatever you can come up with
that is useful to stress usefulness and relevance of the project, or
role...

Regards
Santiago

Re: Factoids about Shindig for tweets, home page, etc.

Posted by Paul Lindner <pl...@linkedin.com>.
By my estimation shindig code gets hit billions of times per day when you
add up Google, hi5, linkedin, and all the others.

I'm preparing a Shindig deck for the upcoming opensocial 1.0
state-of-the-union (sign up here: http://opensocial.eventbrite.com/) so I'd
love to have more anecdotal usage info too!