Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by "Hiller, Dean" <De...@nrel.gov> on 2013/02/22 15:44:52 UTC

operations progress on DBA operations?

I am used to systems running a first phase calculating how much files it will need to go through and then logging out the percent done or X files out of total files done.  I ran this command and it is logging nothing

nodetool upgradesstables databus5 nreldata;

I have 130Gigs of data on my node and not all of it in that one column family above.  How can I tell how far it is in it's process?  It has been running for about 10 minutes already.  I don't see anything in the log files either.

Thanks,
Dean

Re: operations progress on DBA operations?

Posted by Michael Kjellman <mk...@barracuda.com>.
Just to add though- compactionstats on an upgradesstables will only show the currently running sstable being upgraded. Overall progress on a upgradesstables isn't exposed anywhere yet but you can figure out how much there is to go thru the log lines.

From: aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>>
Date: Friday, February 22, 2013 9:09 AM
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org<ma...@cassandra.apache.org>" <us...@cassandra.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: operations progress on DBA operations?

nodetool compactionstats

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 23/02/2013, at 3:44 AM, "Hiller, Dean" <De...@nrel.gov>> wrote:

I am used to systems running a first phase calculating how much files it will need to go through and then logging out the percent done or X files out of total files done.  I ran this command and it is logging nothing

nodetool upgradesstables databus5 nreldata;

I have 130Gigs of data on my node and not all of it in that one column family above.  How can I tell how far it is in it's process?  It has been running for about 10 minutes already.  I don't see anything in the log files either.

Thanks,
Dean

Copy, by Barracuda, helps you store, protect, and share all your amazing
things. Start today: www.copy.com.

Re: operations progress on DBA operations?

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
nodetool compactionstats

Cheers

Posted by "Hiller, Dean" <De...@nrel.gov>.
Finally found itÅ nodetool compactionstats shows the percentage complete.

Dean