Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by "jorgeeflorez ." <jo...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/12 14:37:00 UTC

Regarding DocumentStore and BlobStore

Hi all,
I am starting a personal project and I plan to use Oak and Jackrabbit. I
have read documentation about node storage a couple times and I think I
understand (I guess). Here are my questions:

If I use MongoDB as document store will I be able to set as blob store one
of the six available, right?

If the answer to the previous question is yes, if I create two backends
(Oak instances), both using the same type of document and blob store, and
both pointing to the same "location" (folder in a file system, S3 path,
etc). will they work without collisions or conflicts when reading/storing
files?

I am not sure if my questions make sense. Any help is appreciated.

Best Regards.

Jorge

Re: Regarding DocumentStore and BlobStore

Posted by Matt Ryan <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 1:19 AM Marcel Reutegger <mr...@adobe.com.invalid>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 12.01.20, 15:40, "jorgeeflorez ." <jo...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > If I create two backends
> > (Oak instances), both using the same type of document and blob store,
> > and both pointing to the same "location" (folder in a file system, S3
> > path, etc). will they work without collisions or conflicts when
> > reading/storing files?
>
> For the blob stores this is generally true. When it comes to NodeStore
> implementations, only the DocumentNodeStore will also work in a clustered
> setup. The SegmentNodeStore implementation does support multiple active
> processes working on the same storage.

I'm pretty sure the blob stores need to implement SharedDataStore to work
in this context - or at least if you want data store garbage collection to
work in these data stores.  I'd use OakFileDataStore if you want to use a
filesystem-based blob store, S3DataStore for S3 and AzureDataStore for
Azure - they all implement SharedDataStore.

-MR

Re: Regarding DocumentStore and BlobStore

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <mr...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
Hi,

On 12.01.20, 15:40, "jorgeeflorez ." <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If I use MongoDB as document store will I be able to set as blob store
> one of the six available, right?

Any blob store implementation can be configured in combination with the
DocumentNodeStore on MongoDB. Though, for production use file or cloud
storage based blob stores are recommended.

> If the answer to the previous question is yes, if I create two backends
> (Oak instances), both using the same type of document and blob store,
> and both pointing to the same "location" (folder in a file system, S3
> path, etc). will they work without collisions or conflicts when
> reading/storing files?

For the blob stores this is generally true. When it comes to NodeStore
implementations, only the DocumentNodeStore will also work in a clustered
setup. The SegmentNodeStore implementation does support multiple active
processes working on the same storage.

Regards
 Marcel