Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Daniel Cunha <da...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/22 04:59:31 UTC

Boolean checks

I saw that we have some cases like this:
"false".equalsIgnoreCase(ejbJar.properties.getProperty("openejb.cdi.activated"))

Doesn't is better use Boolean.parseBoolean()?
With parseBoolean it checks if the string argument is not null and is
equalsIgnoreCase to the "true"

For case like this:
"true".equalsIgnoreCase(SystemInstance.get().getProperty("openejb.cdi.debug",
"false")

not need to set a default value, for null value the result is false.
If we want an inverse logic, we need add only "!"

I think better. IMHO. :)

--
Daniel Cunha (soro)

Re: Boolean checks

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Was mainly to make obvious default and logic. ParseBoolean would make sense
if supporting more than true/false IMHO and if dupporting the default we
want everywhere.

That said while there is no regression I dont care.

Re: Boolean checks

Posted by Bhupendra <bh...@gmail.com>.
Make sense.