Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Adam Monsen <ha...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/26 21:59:58 UTC

GSoC 2013 and Mesos (was: idea: GSoC 2013. Please vote!)

I'd like to test a way to gather consensus on a decision with the Mesos
community.

Would you like to see Mesos [apply to] participate in the Google Summer
of Code 2013?

If YES, vote for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-357

If NO, vote for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-358

...ah, never mind, Vinod just let me know that Mesos will be applying
for the GSoC 2013. Thanks, Vinod!

> Hi Adam, we actually are participating in GSOC '13 via Twitter.
>
> https://github.com/twitter/twitter.github.com/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code-2013

Right on!

I've closed those issues.

Re: GSoC 2013 and Mesos (was: idea: GSoC 2013. Please vote!)

Posted by Shivam Pathak <sh...@gmail.com>.
Yay. Excited!!!!

--
*Shivam Pathak (Mr)*
Year 4| Computer Engineering

Re: GSoC 2013 and Mesos (was: idea: GSoC 2013. Please vote!)

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Hi Guys,

If Apache Mesos (Incubating) participates in GSoC 2013, it should be
through the ASF as an org, and not through other orgs. In fact, I think
that would most definitely be a branding situation.

The ASF participates in GSoC every year, and will again this year. The
main
way that we've been doing so has been through tagging issues in JIRA with
a gsoc tag.

It's currently being discussed on dev@community.apache.org the best way
to participate this year, and the org mentors are signing up, etc., etc.

So, I would recommend participating there.

Cheers,
Chris